Celsius Network – a well-known DeFi platform and one of the largest cryptocurrency lenders, announced that it is pausing withdrawals, swaps, and transfers between accounts.
- The market continues to tumble, with BTC dropping to 18-month lows while ETH crashed towards $1,300.
- This left a whopping $500 million in liquidations over the past 24 hours alone.
- Citing “extreme market conditions,” Celsius Network – the well-known DeFi platform and one of the largest industry lenders, halted withdrawals, swaps, and transfers between accounts.
We are taking this action today to put Celsius in a better position to honor, over time, its withdrawal obligations.
- The post argues that this act is in the interest of the community and adheres to their risk management framework.
Our ultimate objective is stabilizing liquidity and restoring withdrawals, swaps, and transfers between accounts as quickly as possible. There is a lot of work ahead as we consider various options, this process will take time, and there may be delays. – The post concludes.
- Meanwhile, the price of the platform’s native cryptocurrency – the CEL token – has crashed by over 50% in the past 24 hours.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Credit: Source link