Crypto.com CEO Kris Marszalek has announced that the digital asset exchange is backing the most ambitious makeover and renovations of one of the world’s most iconic indoor sporting venues, the Los Angeles Arena. According to sources, the platform will also support a nine-figure investment in renovations.
A Chance To Enhance Fan Experience
The exchange announced the news in a press release outlining plans to spend hundreds of millions of dollars. The upgrade and renovations planned for the Crypto.com Arena are designed to enhance fan experience significantly at the venue and the surrounding plaza, reimagining all aspects of the venue and its surroundings. The plans and renovations were launched earlier in the Summer and are scheduled to be completed by 2024.
Despite the significant renovations, the arena is scheduled to remain open during this time and, when completed, would mark a new chapter in the legendary venue’s history.
AEG To Lead Renovations
The renovations are set to be spearheaded by Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), which has brought on board the original venue designers, Dan Meis and Ron Turner, to assist with the redesign and redevelopment. AEG has already announced a nine-figure investment to finance capital investments and property-wide upgrades to the stadium and LA LIVE’s Xbox Plaza.
Kelly Cheeseman, Chief Operating Officer at AEG Sports, stated,
“This comprehensive and wide-ranging project is the most significant reimagining of our home in the history of our arena. The upgrades will not only improve everybody’s experience, but it will also provide a new life and energy into our arena beginning this fall. When completed, we will have worked from floor to ceiling to enhance every fan’s overall experience.”
Kris Marszalek, Founder, and CEO of Crypto.com talked about the partnership with AEG, stating,
“We’re just at the beginning of our long-term partnership, and we’re excited to support AEG’s investment in this renovation, demonstrating our joint commitment to ensure Crypto.com Arena maintains its status as a global icon.”
There will be several extensive changes that will be made to the arena over the course of the renovations. Some of the highlights of the project include
- A new and reimagined city view terrace including indoor-outdoor seating and entertainment experiences
- The arena’s first-ever multi-level tunnel club featuring new hospitality spaces and an exclusive event-level viewing experience.
- A new expanded, and reimagined Chairman’s Club
- The creation of the arena’s first ever Main Concourse suites
- New LED screens and ribbon boards will be visible to upper and lower bowl seating areas.
- A redesigned Impact Sports Bar & Grill
- Improvements on the Main Concourse and upgrades to the Upper-Level concourse
- Redesigned dining areas in the Yaamava and Lexus Clubs
- Redesigned Platinum and Suite Level Entrances and Concourses throughout the venue
The Crypto.com Arena is home to the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers. It is also home to the WNBA’s Sparks and the NHL’s Kings.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.
Credit: Source link