Genesis Global Trading – a crypto prime brokerage firm – reportedly credited the now insolvent Three Arrows Capital (3AC) with $2.36 billion in under collateralized loans.
- As reported by The Block, details on 3AC’s loans were gleaned from a 1,159-page document uploaded by the advisory firm Teneo on Monday. However, the link to that filing appears to be down, as of writing.
- The filing reportedly shows that Genesis tried to recover some of its losses using arbitration proceedings against 3AC last month.
- However, the arbitration proceeding was paused after Genesis recruited Teneo to assist with 3AC’s liquidation in late June.
- The document also showed some details regarding 3AC’s collateral. It included 17,443,644 shares of Grayscale’s Bitcoin Trust, 446,928 shares of Grayscale’s Ethereum Trust, 2,739,043.83 AVAX, and 13,583,265, NEAR.
- As of June 15th, 3AC was short $462 million on its collateral requirements.
- Genesis CEO Michael Moro confirmed in June that the firm had mitigated its losses with “a large counterparty who failed to meet a margin call” However, neither the name of the counterparty nor the exact figure for its losses were given.
- Later, Moro confirmed that the counterparty was 3AC and that its loans to the fund had a weighted average margin requirement of 80%.
- “Once they were unable to meet the margin call requirements, we immediately sold collateral and hedged our downside,” he said at the time.
- Furthermore, Genesis’s parent company Digital Currency Group (DCG) assumed some of Genesis’s liabilities to help it continue to operate.
- As of Monday, Genesis’s parent company Digital Currency Group filed a $1.2 billion liquidation request against 3AC.
- 3AC filed for bankruptcy at the start of July.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Credit: Source link