What is The Sandbox ($SAND )? A virtual world where players can build, own and monetize their gaming experiences
The Sandbox is a decentralized virtual reality (Metaverse) platform developed on the Ethereum platform. It allows players to create digital assets (NFTs), and experience and monetize the content they create.
The Sandbox is a virtual world gaming platform, using the utility token SAND players can build, own, and monetize gaming experiences. Players can create digital assets in the form of NFTs, upload them to the marketplace, and integrate them into the game with Game Maker.
The Sandbox brings blockchain into the gaming industry, attracting both crypto enthusiasts and gamers by offering advantages such as: real ownership, rare digital assets, creation of potential profitability, and engagement.
The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences in the Ethereum blockchain using SAND, the platform’s utility token.
The vision is to offer a deeply immersive metaverse in which players will create virtual worlds and games collaboratively and without a central authority. Aiming to disrupt the existing game makers like Minecraft and Roblox by providing creators true ownership of their creations as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and rewarding their participation with our utility token – SAND.
In the current game market, the centralized ownership and control of user-generated content limit creator rights and ownership. Central control over the trading of virtual goods created by players restricts them from generating fair value for their creations. Compounding this, it can be difficult to prove creative ownership of works, especially as content is copied, altered, and built upon.
With The Sandbox, aims to overcome these limitations while accelerating blockchain adoption to grow the blockchain gaming market. Will do this by building a voxel gaming platform where creators are able to craft, play, share, collect, and trade without central control, enjoying secure copyright ownership with the ability to earn cryptocurrency (SAND). This copyright ownership will be established and guaranteed through the use of NFTs, where every in-game item will have a unique and immutable blockchain identifier.
The Sandbox gaming ecosystem consists of three integrated products that together provide a comprehensive experience for user-generated content (UGC) content production.
- VOXEDIT: This simple to use yet powerful free 3D voxel modeling package allows users to create and animate 3D objects such as people, animals, foliage, and tools, and export them into The Sandbox marketplace to become game ASSETS.
- MARKETPLACE: The Sandbox’s web-based marketplace allows users to upload, publish, and sell their creations (ASSETS) made in VoxEdit, as Tokens (Both ERC-721 and ERC-1155 tokens).
- GAME MAKER: Anyone who owns ASSETS, either by making them in VoxEdit or purchasing them, can utilize them with the third and most important ecosystem product, the Game Maker and the Game itself. This product, when launched in Game Maker mode, enables users to place and use their ASSETS within a piece of LAND (an ERC-721 token) that they can own in the virtual world. Users can decorate their LAND with ASSETS, and more importantly, implement interesting and nuanced gameplay mechanics by assigning predefined behaviors to the ASSETS through visual scripting nodes, turning a LAND from a decoration experience into a potential full game experience.
Blockchain Gaming with NFTs
The project virtual world uses blockchain technology and NFTs to empower the players and creators. NFTs are an emerging segment in the global game market: virtual tokens for digital scarcity, security, and authenticity. Each NFT is distinct or unique, it is indivisible and it is not interchangeable with another.
Through the use of NFTs, The Sandbox users will be able to benefit from:
- TRUE DIGITAL OWNERSHIP: Gamers are the true and perpetual owners of their digital items, even if the game was shut down or abandoned. With blockchain, every game item can be tokenized, allowing gamers to decide how they want to trade, sell, or gift their items.
- SECURITY AND IMMUTABILITY: Digital game items can be easily tokenized and traded in primary and secondary markets that are managed and facilitated by blockchain technology. Items based on scarcity and demand usually invite fraud and theft, but these risks are minimized on blockchain because it is a distributed ledger.
- TRADING: Blockchain-based gaming platforms can provide users with ultimate control over their digital assets. They can buy and sell items freely without concern that they will be ripped off or that a platform will close and cancel all the value of their in-game items.
- CROSS-APPLICATION INTEROPERABILITY: Blockchain provides the capacity for games to utilize shared assets. ASSETS, avatars, LANDS, and any other game elements can be used in other games that allow it. These game items are no longer confined by a narrow digital ecosystem.
SAND is the utility token used throughout The project ecosystem as the basis of transactions and interactions. It is an ERC-20 utility token built on the Ethereum blockchain. It will be used across the ecosystem by gamers, developers, and publishers, allowing Creators and Players to exchange ASSETS and Games and build a user-based platform of rewards while developing an ecosystem where Creators and Players will share various truly unique gaming experiences.
- Token Name: The Sandbox
- Ticker: SAND
- Blockchain: Ethereum
- Token Standard: ERC-20
- Contract: 0x3845badAde8e6dFF049820680d1F14bD3903a5d0
- Token type: Governance, utility
- Total Supply: 3,000,000,000 SAND
- Circulating Supply: 885,439,937 SAND
During the period May 2019 to November 2019, the Company completed a successful private placement round with 13 Investors for an aggregate amount of USD 3,410,000. The private placement round was done through equity and token sale agreements:
Token use case
Assembled the right senior team to execute the vision: 42 resources located in our 3 offices with 28 full-time employees in Argentina, 11 in France, 2 in Korean, and 1 in Japan.
- Arthur Madrid – CEO and Director of The Sandbox
- Sebastien Borget – COO and Director of The Sandbox
- Marcelo Santurio – CFO of The Sandbox
- Pablo Iglesias – Inventor of The Sandbox Game
- Lucas Shrewsbury – CTO of The Sandbox, ex-CTO of Gameloft
- Hashed: Based in South Korea and San Francisco, Hashed has realized meaningful gains in the crypto-industry.
- Mikhael Naayem: Mik Naayem is Chief Business Officer at Axiom Zen and CryptoKitties, the world’s most successful game built on blockchain technology and Axiom Zen’s first public blockchain project.
- Yat Siu: Co-founder and CEO at Animoca Brands. He is a serial entrepreneur and angel investor.
- Alexis Bonte: Group COO of Stillfront Group, Co-founder and board member of eRepublik Labs.
- Ed Fries: Ed Fries created his first video games for the Atari 800 in the early 1980s.
The Sandbox decentralized platform allows players and creators to own a piece of our gaming metaverse (LAND), and participate in the governance and economy (SAND) while creating and enjoying a simple way to benefit from their playing time. An experienced and dedicated team will build a unique way to play in a virtual world where you can play, create, collect, earn, govern, and own anything in the game in the coming year.
Find more information about The Sandbox:
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected].
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Credit: Source link